GENIE was founded in 2019 by Nick Grime, Nicky Badenoch, Bonnie Harold and Christian Hartmann. Together the co-founders bring headhunting expertise from the top of the creative sector. They hired their Chief Technology Officer, Stephen Reekie (ex-Head of Technology from Visual Effects business, Foundry) as a partner to build an operating system for the flexible workforce. In March 2021 they announced Sir John Hegarty as their Chairman and investor, and in May 2021, Matt Groves joined the business as Chief Commercial and Operations Officer helping to drive further scale and growth. Today, Genie works with some of the most influential creative companies matching them to the finest creative minds.
GENIE is the Creative Industries first automated talent agent. We are stubbornly driven by a keystone mantra of talent first and have distilled that magic into the tech bottle that is GENIE. We believe it is our obligation to not waste talent’s time on the wrong things, on processes and obstacles that get in the way of ‘working on the work’. Our ambition is to unashamedly be the ‘talent operating system of choice’ for the new creative economy.
“Probably the greatest creative department in the world” – Sir John Hegarty – GENIE’s Chairman.
It is our mission to build and attract a borderless talent network of the best creative minds, and use technology to help creative companies strategically build and manage a best in class flexible network of talent.
Skills required for the role:
- Experience positioning product benefits to existing and potential users and creating messaging to support this
- Marketing or growth experience at a fast-moving company or start-up, ideally in a product-led business, where you’ve worn many hats
- You will have over 5 years of experience in a B2C or a B2B2C marketing role, with a passion for creativity, technology and innovation.
- Proven experience in running B2C marketing campaigns, especially email, and building out new marketing channels
- Experience with conducting user and marketing research and translating those insights into marketing and product recommendations
- Be a creative problem-solver with an strategic mind and strong quantitative skills
- Be highly collaborative individual, with experience working cross-functionally and managing stakeholders needs
- Strong writing and editing skills. You can distill complexity into simple messaging our customers will resonate with.
What the role involves:
- Working with the product and customer experience team to build a seamless user journey from onboarding, usage to purchase. This includes making recommendations to the in-product experience alongside the out of product experience.
- Building and executing the communication plan to users from new product feature launches to regular editorial engagement activities.
- Build and execute a scalable content strategy (editorial content for email and journal, social, events, ) that drives awareness and inbound interest to the product, and builds advocacy for existing users.
- Driving greater user engagement via CRM to increase retention rates and grow acquisition numbers.
- Taking ownership of our product value proposition & positioning.
- Designing and implement tracking plans, reporting on marketing metrics.
- Being hands-on with a wide range of CRM, marketing, analytics and automation tools such as Mailchimp, Mandrill, Google analytics, and in the future Hubspot or such like.
- Own the website, ensure it’s optimized for SEO, make updates and write copy as needed to make sure we are continuously improving the conversion funnel.
Nice to have
- Experience working in the creative industry sector, whether that be entertainment or advertising.
Our Core Values:
Passionate about creativity and working with inspiring talent
Nurturing in fostering healthy relationships
Honest & straightforward in giving feedback
Stubborn in using technology to find a better way
Kind towards each other and all those we work with
We believe in an outcome-driven working culture. We get the demands of family life and having the space and time to build a home, explore passions and interests outside of work has a positive knock-on effect on what we do in work. This is more productive for our people and in turn for the business.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We are looking for rebels, with a maturity of mindset. Those who are restless in their pursuit to challenge the status quo, and who demonstrate they can bring others on the journey with them. Imagination and an appreciation of creativity is key to connecting with both the Clients and Talent of GENIE, but also important as we all mould and shape the future of the software. Those that are hungry, will be hopping aboard a fast-growth business and have the opportunity to shape what will be your baby as much as ours.
Thank you for reading.
GENIE Team 🙂